Sunday, November 8, 2009

President's Cabinet - Nov. 2

Juliana: Hey, Dad! Meeting with the President's Cabinet went well! They're...well...they're...people!
Dad: Well...it's good to hear there are humans running your school.

Though my surprise may have seemed a bit odd, it was however sincere. Allow me to explain. When Mr. Brian announced we were going to see the President's Cabinet, the first thought that crossed my mind was "Oh dear...big important people." My terror only got worse when I was chosen as one of the main spokespeople for the group.
The morning of the meeting, I got up very early so as to make sure I looked as professional as I could, hoping to make the best impression possible. I went over what I was going to say multiple times, until I was sure I had it down.
It felt like a long walk from the CSL office (where we had met up) to the top floor of Kennesaw Hall (where the President and his Cabinet were waiting for us). I was very impressed with my classmates as they entered the meeting room with poise and class. They shook the hands of the Cabinet and chit-chatted professionally. Then as the meeting started and we were to introduce ourselves, they impressed me even more. They reached into the depths of their souls and shared their hearts. They stood tall but expressed sincere gratitude. They were sure of themselves but humble. It was definitely the Pegs' finest hour.
Though I think the Cabinet was impressed with us, we were impressed with the Cabinet, or I was at least. At first I had been afraid because I had pictured important, intimidating people. However, I found that they were really warm, friendly, and classy people that really did want to know how we felt about the trip to Brazil and about KSU. It was good to be reassured that very people of strong character are running our school.
I think the meeting was important for both parties. It was important for the Cabinet to know that this learning community is definitely a good idea for future students. However, it was, first of all, important for us to know that the Cabinet cared, and second of all, know that we have the strength as a team to pull off even the scariest of tasks.

1 comment:

  1. Juliana - I have enjoyed your candid narrative. You reference the respect and wisdom that you found within the people of Brazil, and I appreciate your observations. You shared personal insights and tender discoveries, and it was a pleasure to read. Thanks!

    Prof. Prochaska

    ReplyDelete