Ouch! My leg! Goodness, it hurts! It was my fault really. I get a little vicious while playing one of my favorite sports--soccer. Yes, we played soccer today, and Marlee and I hit shins. She apologized and I cried, but it's ok. I wasn't mad at all. In fact, I had such a good day, pretty much nothing could ruin it.
We headed to the University of UniJorge, planning on meeting some students that we had previously been in contact with. The first thing we did was attend a lecture. As fun as that sounds, I had trouble staying awake. I was actually interested in what the professor was saying, because he was talking about the university and about Salvador. However, he turned the lights off to show us a video. With the air blowing cooly on my face and the lights off, my eyes just couldn't help but close. However, the lights came on before I made a fool of myself and offended the UniJorge students and we had a coffee break. We talked to the students a little and then we headed to the cafeteria to watch some "capoeira." Capoeira is a dance/martial art that they practice here in Brazil. It is a beautiful performance, requiring grace, strength, and balance. We watched as some masters performed and even taught us a little bit. It was an amazing experience to be able to be a part of the dance. I enjoyed it very much.
We had lunch, but that was almost unnecessary, because right after that we headed to the kitchen. After donning our lovely plastic shower cap like things and our plastic aprons, we were ready to make some delicious Brazilian desserts. The ingredients are the following three: butter, chocolate, and lots of condensed milk. Yes, it was deliciously rich!
We washed up and headed up to play soccer. It was so hot and the Brazilian students weren't able to make it to play with us, but some coaches from UniJorge made us do some practice drills and then we scrimmaged a bit. I hit the floor with a "smack" one time. Lindsay was knocked down a few times. Brigette busted a blood vessel in her leg. Jordan slapped his back on the floor once. Lastly, I cracked my shin against Marlee's. All in all, it was a very interesting game and despite all the injuries, we had a blast.
So, I lay my head down tonight, knowing more about "capoeira," Brazilian desserts, and getting hurt in soccer games. I'd call that a profitable day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment